What is VIPKID? How much can you make? VIPKid Pros and Cons?
But what IS VIPKid?VIPKid is a company that has created an online platform for teachers to teach ESL (English as a Second Language) to kids in China. They also create all of the lessons and do all of the marketing to get the kids enrolled in the lessons.
How old are the children?The children are usually between ages 4-12 and can range from absolutely no English knowledge (and have never seen any other race but their own) to being able to hold a full conversation with you like your talking to your best friend!
What are the requirements?
Don't meet all of the requirements? Contact Ashley to find out other ways you can start teaching online!
How much can you make with VIPKid?
PLUS there is also a $2 short notice class bonus on top of everything else. (This is not something you can usually count on for every class.) This is when you have a time slot booked between 1-24 hours before the scheduled start time (this is optional and you do not have to allow this type of booking if you don't want to). This only applies to the classes that are scheduled within the 24 hour window.
What are the hours like?
What are some pros and cons?
- Work from wherever you want as long as you have a stable internet connection and quiet, classroom environment
- Schedule yourself anytime between 8:30 am to 9:30 pm Beijing time
- Lesson plans and lessons are already created, just log in and teach
- Option to be paid once OR twice a month by direct deposit
- Great teacher community
- SUPER fun (optional) events you can attend and meet other teachers
- TONS of extra free training is available to help you on your journey and sharpen your teaching skills
- No prep - you don't create ANY of the lessons!
- Awesome students (which you don't have to go out and find)!
- You are an INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR - which has it's pros and cons itself - you have more control of how you do things and your schedule, but you also need to be in the business mentality to remember there are no health benefits and you are in charge of handing your taxes!
- The time difference can be hard for some people depending upon your location and what you're use to... typically early mornings or late nights are involved. (But I'm partial to early mornings so I LOVE IT!)
- Fairly strict cancellation policy, pretty much once a class is booked, it's booked. They do offer Soft and Medium cancellations now (think of it like an excused absence) but if you don't teach, you don't get paid. AND if you don't get it excused, you can get deducted $10 per class you missed. Moral of the story, DON'T MISS CLASS. (And don't schedule a class you MIGHT miss).
- Completely and utterly dependent upon having good internet. If you happen to live or be traveling somewhere that the internet is really questionable - either don't schedule classes or have a backup plan for your backup plan!
watch this video)
on the VIPKID hiring process for 2019.
and give you pointers. 😊👍